Handmade Sabai Grass Towel Basket
KADAM- HAAT products are all-natural, handcrafted & ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY. This brundaryead basket is made of Sabaii grass. This grass is a perennial grass that grows in West Bengal & Orissa Mayurbhanj area primarily.
Dimensions- Large 12”x 9.5”x 4.5” & Small 10”x 6.5”x 3.5”
We work directly with the craftswomen of the region supporting rural communities self-sustain themselves during the non-farming season also. About 60 households are working only in Sabai grass now, making ends meet through this project. The women crafts group undergo training now and then learning various advanced skills as new groups emerge with more basic training and thus more self-employ ability. Sabaii Grass locally called Babuii grass is a very sturdy material and used to be used by the British Army in India for pulling their artillery, such is its strength.
- PACKAGE CONTAINS Handcrafted Natural Fibre Towel basket Large
- DIMENSIONS -(L x B x H) 12”x 9.5”x 4.5”
- Non Plastic basket for storing your towels helps your family & the environment both.
- UNIQUE HOME & PIECE which brings an organic element into your homes.
- UNIQUE HOME AND DECOR PIECE which brings an organic element into the home and kitchen.
- It is an INTRICATELY woven Sabai BASKET.
- CONVENIENT AND PRACTICAL and can be used to store and variety of things KADAM-HAAT has its processes & quality certified by CRAFTMARK & is a member of the FAIR TRADE FORUM of INDIA. Our Products tell stories of community interaction where women & men work together as teams at the village level in a completely organic manner